प्रेमपाल शर्मा /P.P SHARMA
Ex. Executive Director/Joint Secretary, Railway Board,
Ministry of Railways, Rail Bhawan, New Delhi.
- Date of Birth : 8th March 1955
- Father’s Name: Late Shri K.K. Sharma
- Joined Railway Services through Civil Service Exam 1981 (UPSC)
- Retired on 31st March 2015
- Worked in various capacities in Ministry of Railways, Railway Board as Joint Secretary (Estt.), Joint Secretary (Parliament), Joint Secretary (Adm.) and now Executive Director – Policy Branch.
- Was a Faculty/ Professor in National Institute of Indian Railway, Vadodara (1996-2001) – Course Director for Foundation Programme for various Gr. ‘A’ Services (IAS Central Services)
- Was Member of NCERT Syllabus Committee (2004-2009).
- Regular Columnist in various newspapers, magazines such as Jansatta (Indian Express Group), Dainik Jagaran, Sanmarg, Hans, Kathadesh etc.
- A prolific writer with 20 books published, stories, collection of essays on education, society etc.
- Edu. Qualification – B.Sc., MA, Ph.D(Hindi), Diploma in Journalism
- A strong advocate for Common Schooling System (Saman Siksha) and use of Mother Tongue in education and administration.
96, Kala Vihar Apartments,
Mayur Vihar Ph-I Extension,